Believe it or not, the day has come when your coffee machine could know what exactly what kind of coffee you like to drink depending on the cup you’re using, the time of day, and a multitude of other factors. Earlier this year, the Nordic Semiconductor team demonstrated a smart coffee machine at CES that brewed coffee over IPv6. But coffee machines aren’t the only place where innovation is possible.
Eduardo Hernandez of Per Scholas shows why IPv6 is an essential part of the curriculum for IT students as they prepare for jobs in the tech industry. Guest blog post by Eduardo Hernandez I am an instructor at Per Scholas, a national nonprofit organization that provides free technology education, career development and job placement services to […]
Last year, ARIN Engineering undertook a monumental effort to move production from our headquarters in Chantilly, Virginia to a colocation center in Ashburn, Virginia. There were many reasons behind this big move, and we were very happy to complete a flawless transfer of our operations. ARIN has its offices in an office park nestled next to Dulles Airport in northern Virginia.
This week ARIN is at CES, the largest technology tradeshow of the year. We will be reaching out to consumer electronics industry movers and shakers to educate them about the importance of deploying IPv6 on all public facing web services. In the video below, one of the founding fathers of the Internet, Vint Cerf, explains the issue. Stop by our booth in Tech East to discuss why IPv6 needs to be at the top of your company’s technology goals for 2015. You want to be reaching the whole Internet, not just part of it.
After many years of outreach to our core community of Internet Service Providers, web hosting companies, cable providers and large academic institutions, we are branching out. We are now working to drive all organizations with a web presence to put their content out over IPv6, with an emphasis on public-facing websites in particular. We took our new Get 6 booth to the American Society of Association Executives (ASAE) Technology Conference last week with the message to connect to the whole Internet with IPv6.
The ARIN Consolidated RIR IANA Stewardship Proposal (CRISP) team members, along with our colleagues from each of the other four RIRs, are hard at work preparing the proposal to submit to the IANA Stewardship Transition Coordination Group (ICG). We’ve had four conference calls so far in addition to an initial face-to-face meeting. We held our most recent conference call yesterday on 18 December, and we are making good progress. The first draft of the Consolidated RIR IANA Transition Proposal is now available for review and comment.
From the Twitterverse
- @Akamai releases latest #Internet speed & #IPv6 traffic report. How does your speed compare? @TechJournalist reports. http://t.co/9rA8Y5b9NG
- [Announcement] On the Road to Ottawa and Halifax http://t.co/hhkWSZd0sG
- [Announcement] Independent Survey on Trust in the RIRs http://t.co/Xk7c7PBygA
- @NAv6TF Summit Keynote: @TeamARIN Mark Kosters: State of IPv6 from ARIN. Register now http://t.co/xI4hxKCmqX
- Congrats to the #ARIN35 fellows! Jon Aitchison, Andrew Trudgeon, Stephen Ives, Michael Schloh, Andre Graham http://t.co/lCP5emt30H
- [Announcement] ARIN 35 Fellowship Recipients http://t.co/WS0x5a6UVC
- Let us know your thoughts on a new project to enable IRR route object validation to the ARIN registry database - https://t.co/jdUq4TH3iL
- .@Des discusses her global #NetGov #RIR survey on trust http://t.co/Ioc1vFjh3e @TeamARIN @RIPE_NCC @AFRINIC @lacnic
- Have you registered for #ARIN35 in San Francisco yet? http://t.co/DU3tfqRJ7R http://t.co/02gg9ysPxv
- The Future of Cities: How the Internet of Everything will Change How We Live http://t.co/siO5AB0B9h
- .@internetsociety Good to see more than 80% of people think IPv6 implementation is important!
- What are the most important issues facing the Internet today? We asked, and you answered! http://t.co/ShJWg8D7vk http://t.co/uPj44fBsoP
- As of today, ARIN's IPv4 inventory stands at .29 of a /8
- Looking to work at a great organization? Apply for a job at ARIN: https://t.co/TM7iD91dd6 #ITjobs @nova #DC http://t.co/gsbm2iq3Av
- Have you downloaded the new Q4 2014 State of the Internet Report yet? Get it now at http://t.co/ylhUolXI68 #akamai_soti
- @cyberinvasion Yes, you are correct. The call was cancelled. Sorry about that!
- RT @ISOCPolicy #Netsurvey2015 results: Our community says global, regional and national #IGFs should be strengthened http://t.co/TJ5xogkJ92…
- Cisco's Proposed IoT Framework: http://t.co/RTDFtakoDW I love "end-to-end-thinking", let's move forward and keep things open #IoT #IPv6
- [Announcement] RFP for West Coast Co-location Services http://t.co/FMjedtWhVY
- .@TeamARIN reports IPv4 inventory aggregate 0.29 /8s, largest block available is /11. Why haven't you deployed #ipv6 yet?