Over and over again we hear that people need more resources to help them deploy IPv6, so we have set out to find out what would be the most valuable for those who are trekking upward. Our first step is to discover the what kind of IPv6 activities are already occurring in our region.
This past week, I attended the Digital Healthcare Summer Summit and 2016 BIO International Convention on behalf of ARIN. You might be wondering what one of the Regional Internet Registries and healthcare have in common.
6 June 2016 marked the fourth anniversary of World IPv6 Launch, and looking back we have made pretty significant progress since then, with Google reporting that the percentage of users that access Google over IPv6 is now up to 12%.
We’ve developed a simple, easy-to-digest video to help you learn more about ARIN’s structure and services. The video also includes all the different ways you can get involved in our community.
RDAP was given official standards status last year by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) and was quickly adopted by all the RIRs. But the IETF didn’t just design RDAP for IP network registrations and ASNs. RDAP was also designed to model the data in Domain Name Registries (DNRs) and has extension mechanisms for other registry types.
Many organizations have already successfully deployed IPv6. In your journey to do the same, seeking out advice from those who have already been there can help you along in the process. In a featured session at the ARIN 37 Public Policy and Members Meeting, a group of experts from a diverse range of companies
From the Twitterverse
- #WWDC2016 Networking for the modern Internet @arstechnica https://t.co/iXbr6NeGD5 Apple says as many as 70% of connections come in over IPv6
- Happy to come speak at your summit to help get the word out about the importance of IPv6! https://t.co/2X8d3asauo https://t.co/qScOWPYC1r
- Notice something different on our website? https://t.co/TJV7nmpgOu You may find yourself in ARIN's Vault while visiting historical info
- Last day to take our #IPv6 deployment survey! https://t.co/AoB6HR1Iiv Where are you in your journey to implementation?
- .@CloudFlare offers IPv6 support & it's easy to turn on https://t.co/ixGRy19M9f says #Get6 Forward Thinker https://t.co/Yxrhef4rgL
- What questions would you like this year's Board, AC, & NRO NC candidates to answer? https://t.co/5G5AedPvAN
- New #IoT devices announced almost daily & analysts expect up to 30 billion to be online by 2020 https://t.co/PCleHDgrT8 via @sciam
- [Announcement] ARIN Vault for Historical Content https://t.co/bopFs45rkU
- Advanced to Recommended Draft Policy status https://t.co/WbPtFn8Pe1 ARIN-2016-1: Reserved Pool Transfer Policy
- "RIRs have made #RPKI super simple: in @TeamARIN and @RIPE_NCC Portals you could have ROAs published in minutes" — @mayberry0404 at #NANOG67
- @oej @tobbe_interlan Great shirt!
- Post-IPv4-Free-Pool-Depletion Transfer Policy proposal status changed to draft policy https://t.co/o7iToOhrDZ now ARIN-2016-5
- What businesses need to know about #IPv6: https://t.co/FDPUsurrxL via @ITProPortal @RIPE_NCC
- "18% of the top 10K ALEXA websites are faster over IPv6" https://t.co/XlFhxHNF4l
- Advanced to draft policy status https://t.co/2Mp9iYoLeD ARIN-prop-229: Transfers for new entrants
- 12 Important Facts About the Future of #Networking https://t.co/eVk67mifRO via @ChannelInsider #IPv6 Finally Gets Its Due
- Watch the latest episode of #TWiET https://t.co/swahYmtODe discussing the Internet's major change to #IPv6 https://t.co/Yen5swJeeO
- [arin-ppml] Advisory Council Meeting Results - June 2016 https://t.co/aKblUbyqUJ
- WATCH LIVE Intenet Technical Advisory Committee Forum at #OECDdigitalMX - Agenda: https://t.co/SyRypGoKCI YouTube: https://t.co/DqWp6t9qA9
- Have you started, or even completed, deploying #IPv6? https://t.co/n0RC9Aqy9m Tell us more! https://t.co/c0IshfUxoR