Today marked the last day of the ARIN 36 Public Policy and Members Meeting in Montreal, Canada. A big shout out to those of you who participated both in person and remotely online. The level of dialogue was high and your insightful commentary was a valuable contribution within the ARIN policy development process.
In la belle ville Montreal, Quebec, ARIN 36 Public Policy and Members Day 1 kicked off with participants from around the world. We heard lots of engaging conversations throughout the day are looking forward to more to follow tomorrow. If you weren’t able to make it onsite or online for today’s activities, here’s a short and sweet recap of what happened.
Only a few days are left until we head to Montreal for ARIN 36 Public Policy and Members Meeting. We’re getting excited and hope you are too! While you are at ARIN 36 make sure you take the time to introduce yourself to our nine fellows. Since the ARIN Fellowship Program began, more than 50 people have had the opportunity to participate
Since we announced that ARIN has zero IPv4 addresses remaining in inventory, we’ve heard a lot of social chatter around this historic event for the Internet. In fact, there have been thousands of tweets over the past few days – everything from the humorous to the serious. We couldn’t possibly share them all, but here are a few that made us crack a smile
Earlier this month, PRNews featured an editorial penned by our CEO, Peter Stanton, on the need for PR professionals to take a critical look at their network infrastructure in relation to IPv6. The editorial was written with IPv4 depletion in mind, but also served to give our peers in the PR industry a window into our recent experience transitioning the firm’s website to a native IPv6 platform.
After months of discussions and collaborative efforts in the Names, Numbers, and Protocol Parameters communities, the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) Stewardship Transition Coordination Group (ICG) issued a call for comments on the first draft of its combined proposal to transition the stewardship of the IANA functions
From the Twitterverse
- Stop by booth 411 at #wispapalooza to come talk to us about IP addresses #get6 http://t.co/hHYDjSNtSt
- ARIN on the Road is headed to Lansing, Michigan in 2 weeks https://t.co/QzkHzdZfi9 on Tues, 27 Oct 2015
- Via @IEEEIoT #IPv6 is a strategic enabler for #IoT scalability, manageability & interoperability: http://t.co/X7ZCHsieGo
- More info on recently released combined Registration Services Agreement (RSA and LRSA): https://t.co/EeZyegnEDk
- Voting Contacts - cast your ballot in the ARIN Board, Advisory Council, & NRO NC elections: https://t.co/GZ0OXUL23d http://t.co/Gt9LjqJ4HZ
- We had an eventful week last week - first #NANOG65 then #ARIN36! Check out our recap of @TeamARIN's event: http://t.co/44pMAnixVC
- @FredoOnline For more info on requesting resources from ARIN, you can find all the details at: https://t.co/3iwD8iBM9l
- How was your #ARIN36 experience? https://t.co/Jmo6YkH3kH Take our survey for a chance to win an Apple iPad Air 2
- Here's an interview with Hurricane Electric on being early adopters of IPv6, taken at our TC3 Summit: http://t.co/mTYVWJfa0O
- Find out what happened at #ARIN36 last week: http://t.co/ubrdzpIivJ http://t.co/Db4gZgIuo2
- The polls are open! https://t.co/gKJva1lpBs Vote to fill 2 seats on the ARIN Board, 5 seats on the AC, & 1 on the NRO NC
- Want to refer to a presentation you saw at #ARIN36? Slides available for download at: https://t.co/k1UJD8Gjj2
- Save the date! #ARIN37 goes to Montego Bay, Jamaica from 17-20 April 2016 #ARIN36 http://t.co/7cbHI4kLLi
- [New Blog] ARIN 36 Day 2 Daily Recap - By Jennifer Bly, Public Relations and Social Media Coordinator, ARIN Today ... http://t.co/1hZAFW1IDb
- Recap of #ARIN36 Day 2: http://t.co/Pkab0U0h2j http://t.co/DH1TQN6c0y
- Thanks for your great #ARIN36 & #Get6 tweets this week!
- so much v4 talk at #ARIN36, let it all go embrace #Get6#NationalPoetryDay
- Winner 2 of $100 ThinkGeek gift certificate is @KarlBrumund for tweeting w/ #ARIN36 & #Get6 Congrats! DM us your first & last name & email
- Good things come to those who wait - except for v4 - then you get nothing #ARIN36 #get6
- Winner 1 of $100 ThinkGeek gift certificate is @5683Monkey for tweeting w/ #ARIN36 & #Get6 Congrats! DM us your first & last name & email