Decisions about how the Internet is managed have far-reaching effects for every person and business that uses it. The existing bottom-up, multi-stakeholder Internet management model has fostered an Internet that has been able to grow and adapt to meet the needs of all those who depend on it. But not everyone agrees that this is the best way to continue forward, and there are a number of organizations and venues where debates and decisions about the future of the Internet are occurring.
For more detailed information about the history of Internet governance and the organizations involved, visit the Internet Governance section of the ARIN website. There you’ll find out more about what is Internet governance? How does ARIN participate? And most importantly, how YOU can participate in Internet governance discussion and decision-making!
One way you can get involved is throughout /1net an inclusive and open venue supporting discussion of Internet governance matters for all those interested (individuals, governments, civil societies, technicians, etc.)
As global dialog about Internet governance heats up, we are constantly on the lookout for quality articles, blogs, presentations, videos, audio files, and more that demonstrate an array of views on Internet governance. We believe it is important to provide a full picture of the issues and diverse opinions that are part of these very important discussions. We will be adding links as we find them, and would love to hear what you are reading on the topic too.
- Information on transitioning IANA functions from the US government to the global multistakeholder community
- Current Internet governance issues discussed on our TeamARIN blog
- A newsletter by the Internet Technical Advisory Committee (ITAC) to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- CDT’s website designed to conceptualize and implement public policies that will keep the Internet open, innovative, and free.
- Articles regarding Internet Governance on CircleID, a collaborative news and opinion website
- Alliance of academics covering the topics of global governance, Internet policy, and ICTs.
- Internet Governance news aggregator curated by the Internet Society
If you find an item that you’d like us to add, please let us know by filling out our contact us form.
Plus if you’d like to see the archives of what we were reading leading up to World Conference on International Telecommunications (WCIT) please see our TeamARIN Internet Governance Archive.