ARIN-CTU Webinar Series: Accelerating 21st Century Government in the Caribbean
The American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN) and the Caribbean Telecommunications Union (CTU) bring you a new webinar series Thursdays in July 2020 at 10 AM EDT focused on 21st Century Government in the Caribbean. We will explore the role of ICT, the Internet and critical infrastructure on efficient government service delivery; the potential for digital transformation in the public and private sector and in civil society; and security issues in an increasingly hyper-connected world. We will highlight the importance of policy, regulation and good governance in safeguarding our economies and society. The series will incorporate a combination of online, on-demand content and weekly interactive webinars featuring our members and stakeholders.
Additional details and registration available on the CTU website.
The rapid spread of COVID-19 has had a profoundly disruptive impact on global commerce, government and society. For Caribbean states, small population sizes, resource constraints and vulnerable infrastructure only amplify the challenges of confronting this once-in-a-century crisis. However, the current pandemic is not the only threat to Caribbean economies and society. We also have the reality of an annual hurricane season, showing that for the region, each crisis contributes to a cumulative Caribbean vulnerability to sustainable Caribbean development. How can information and communication technologies (ICT) be employed to mitigate these vulnerabilities? Can the Internet and its resources contribute to a more secure and thriving region?
By focusing on the principles of 21st Century Government, the ARIN-CTU Webinar Series will provide answers for these and other questions relating to ICT-enabled development and sensitize leaders, both within governments and in the private sector, and policy makers on actions that can be taken to mitigate risks and maximize opportunities for our societies. 21st Century Governments are citizen-centric, seamless, resilient and make effective use of ICT to deliver services securely to their citizens stakeholders
Join us and help define how we, together, navigate the new Caribbean normal.
The ARIN-CTU Webinar Series will cover how to accelerate 21st Century Government in the Caribbean by exploring four key streams:
- 21st Century Government, Public Sector and Policy Issues
- Local IXPs – No Longer an Option, Now an Imperative for 21st Century Governments
- Are we succeeding?: Measuring Caribbean Digital Transformation – A Data Driven Approach
- Network Security for Public Safety in a 21st Century Government Environment
Together, these streams provide IT managers, systems administrators, regulators and senior business and government leaders with access to knowledge, insight and practical guidelines to address immediate and long term needs.
Benefits of Participation:
The series will provide participants with information on the principles of a 21st Century Government as they relate to the Head of Government mandated CARICOM Single ICT Space. It will also explore the challenges, solutions and best practices to address the current spike in demand and future requirements for network services and digital services delivery.
Participants Will Learn:
- The principles of 21st Century Government;
- Policy considerations for accelerating 21st Century Government objectives;
- Critical Infrastructure for the Caribbean Single ICT space; and
- Strategies and trends in Internet policy development from the Caribbean and across the world.
Value to Participants:
- Understand the urgent need for 21st Century Governments in Caribbean countries.
- Obtain guidance for designing effective policy strategies to support secure, resilient, affordable and inclusive access to the Internet and digital services.
- Understand the role of CTU, ARIN and other relevant organizations play in supporting Internet and ICT-enabled development in the Caribbean.
- Engage with peers and strengthen the network of relationships to expand knowledge, stay ahead of emerging Internet trends and fine-tune national and regional digital strategies.
- Thursday, 9 July 2020 at 10 AM EDT: 21st Century Government, Public Sector and Policy Issues
- Thursday, 16 July 2020 at 10 AM EDT: Local IXPs – No Longer an Option, Now an Imperative for 21st Century Governments
- Thursday, 23 July 2020 at 10 AM EDT: Are we succeeding?: Measuring Caribbean Digital Transformation – A Data Driven Approach
- Thursday, 30 July 2020 at 10 AM EDT: Network Security for Public Safety in a 21st Century Government Environment